Sunday, February 8, 2009

Karan Johar busy with My Name is Khan

Besides minor problems, there were unforeseen problems too. Thank God for my fabulous technical team, without them I could not have made my film the way I wanted to. Yes, there was stress,” admits Karan Johar.

Apparently, some of the Muslim cast had Visa problems. “Yes, there were problems which were sorted out. We had certain legal issues, but made changes to accommodate the developments. I believe in following the law of every land. That’s what we did in LA when troubles arose,” says Karan.

According to Karan Johar, directing My Name is Khan has been an incredible and unique experience.

“In all my 11 years as a filmmaker I’ve never felt the experience to be so different. The content of My Name is Khan is diametrically opposite to whatever I’ve done in the past. On the very first day of shooting my cameraman Ravi Chandran looked at me and said, ‘I don’t think you’ve ever shot something like this.’ This is the first time I’m directing a screenplay that I haven’t written myself. It gives me a level of detachment from the proceedings and yet a lot of attachment. It has released a whole plethora of unexplored emotions in my head. This time, I’m being creative in a different way. And Shah Rukh Khan plays a completely different human being, I’ve never directed that person before,” reveals Karan Johar.

The movie will also see the return of the dream pair of Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol.

According to Karan, “When I direct a scene with Shah Rukh and Kajol, I know I’m doing my best work. I am blessed to have them in my film. I don’t know what it’s about them. It’s just magic. They build an inexplicable energy on screen. They instinctively understand each other’s acting. These two characters in My Name is Khan had to be SRK and Kajol.”

So can Karan Johar-Shah Rukh Khan- Kajol recreate the magic of a Kabhie Khushi Kabhi Gham . We will have to wait and watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment