Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hrithik Roshan, Barbara Mori Kites: The scorching chemistry between them!

Hrithik Roshan’s dad Rakesh Roshan (who is producer of the much awaited film ‘Kites’) gives us some insight into his latest production  that is creating a rave due to the scorching chemistry of Hrithik and Mexican babe Barbara Mori.
1. Did you know that Rakesh Roshan was about to direct the film but then, all of a sudden, he spotted the talent of Anurag Basu. Rakesh explains, “I was supposed to direct it. Then what happened is when I used to go to every award ceremony to collect awards for Krrish in 2006-2007, besides the big films like Lage Raho Munnabhai and Rang De Basanti, I spotted another film called Gangster. I had never heard about this film.

So I was like why is this small film called Gangster coming in all nominations? I got hold of the DVD, I saw the film and I loved the film. I called Anurag Basu to the office and I told him that I want Hrithik to work with you… do you have any subject? He said, no I make small films of Rs 3 crore and I don’t have a big canvas subject ready.

Then I told him that I have a subject and if he liked it, he can direct it. Because for me, it didn’t make any difference. I had nothing to prove to anybody. Just that my production house has to make a good film with Hrithik. Whether I made it or he made it, it didn’t make a difference.”
2. Is there any difference between the English and Hindi versions of Kites?

“There are four-five songs in the Hindi version which are not there in the English one. So 20-25 minutes are gone there itself and some scenes here and there which have gone. Just to make it more fast-paced. Otherwise the content is the same, the emotions are the same,” clarifies Rakesh.

3. Is Kites a copy of the Hollywood flick ‘Match Point’

Rakesh is quick to deny as he says, “No no, not at all. It’s basically a love story between two people. Their goals are different but they are in love. When they are very close to their goals, they fall in love. What to do? And they opt for love.”

4. Is Kites a sex film?

No! It is not. Director Anurag Basu warns, “There’s also a perception that Kites is a sex film. I don’t know how that got circulated. It’s a simple love story. People shouldn’t come in expecting steamy scenes after seeing the hot pictures of Barbara in the papers and on the Net.”

No comments:

Post a Comment