Monday, March 8, 2010

Shahrukh Khan told Neil to throw eggs at him

Bollywood’s reigning superstar Shahrukh Khan is known for his wit and his jokes; apart from taking digs at others are also self-deprecating.
One instance of this can be witnessed at the recently held Idea Filmfare Awards where SRK took on-stage humour to a new level when he compelled Neil Nitin Mukesh to horrify the audience by abusing and insulting him.
Spectators were in a great shock after the newbie Neil asked veteran SRK to shut up his mouth and stop abusing him and his family. And then, at the end, Neil rushed to the stage with some eggs and broke them on SRK and Saif Ali Khan’s head. This gesture from him stunned many a faces including those of the other celebs.
Neil reflects, “Bipasha rushed to me and said if it was an act then it was really scary. Katrina stormed up to me after the show and told me to apologize to Shah Rukh, at once.”

However, it was only a hoax; a conspiracy hatched by ‘King Khan’ himself to add some shock value to the prestigious event. Neil recalls how an over-zealous SRK made him do things he didn’t want to do. “How could I say shut up to Shah Rukh Khan? I’ve never been rude even to my driver.

But he insisted. He also told me to throw eggs at him and Saif at the end of the show. I begged and pleaded to spare me. But Shah Rukh didn’t listen. Instead of throwing the eggs I walked up to Saif and Shah Rukh and broke the eggs on their heads. How could I throw eggs at them? Their fans would never forgive me!”

So, the ceremony had its moment of joy, emotion, hiccups and some dare-devilry. But, all is well that ends well…….

No comments:

Post a Comment