Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Saat Khoon Maaf is a black comedy

Saat Khoon Maaf is a black comedy: Actress Priyanka Chopra, who journeys through the life of a woman from her 20s through 65 years of age in her next release ''7 Khoon Maaf'', says the film is a kind of black comedy which Bollywood has not seen in a long time.

" This is not a drama or suspense thriller. There is humour and wickedness.. a black comedy not seen for a long time," Priyanka told reporters here last night. The Vishal Bhardwaj directed film is inspired by Ruskin Bond''s short story, ''Susanna''s Seven Husbands''.

Priyanka described her lead character Susanna as "difficult and complicated." "''7 Khoon..'' is Susanna''s journey to find love. Ageing on screen was the most difficult part. I modelled my older look on the physical appearance of my mother," the 28-year-old actress said.

Priyanka said the experience of working with Naseeruddin Shah, Irrfan Khan and Annu Kapoor, who play three of her seven husbands in the movie, was "nerve wrecking". "I had never worked with them before. Annu Kapoor is a friend of my father but I had not worked with him. I did a workshop with Naseeruddin Shah before the film went on floors. I had to learn a lot from Irrfan as an actor," she recalled. "We shot the first schedule with Irrfan where Susanna''s age is 37-40 years. I was so nervous and relied a lot on my director," she said.

The ''Dostana'' star said she was most compatible with John Abraham as she knew him well having done three films together. "I also shared good rapport with Neil Nitin Mukesh and Vivan during the shoot," she said. To a question on initimate scenes in the film, Priyanka said the film was based on marriage. "There can be no marriage without intimacy. Love and pain come with several other emotions. I have tried to enact them to the best of my comfort." . ...

No comments:

Post a Comment