Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Shahrukh Khan unfazed by Shiv Sena threat

For Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan the question of apologizing to Shiv Sena for his remarks supporting the inclusion of Pakistani cricketers in Indian Premier League (IPL) doesn’t even arise, because the actor doesn’t consider his comment ‘anti-national’ in any way.
Clarifying in an interview in New York where he’s been promoting his upcoming film My Name Is Khan, SRK said: “If there’s a controversy and if somebody’s got an issue, it’s with me and I stand up for it. I have a take on it which is very strong and I’m happy that’s the take I have as an Indian.
There is no excuse for having said what I said. I’m an Indian and I believe in that.”

Reacting earlier to SRK comment, Shiv Sena had labelled the star an ‘idiot’. The party activists also told theatre owners in Mumbai not to screen ‘My Name Is Khan’ which is slated for release on February 12.

Meanwhile, SRK is finding little support from the film industry in his standoff with the Shiv Sena. Though many in the industry support SRK tacitly, none has openly voiced his or her support to him.

Only Aamir Khan has expressed his support for inclusion of Pak players (according to him merit, not nationality, should be the criteria).

No comments:

Post a Comment